M-CM UK is the charity supporting families and individuals with Macrocephaly Capillary Malformation(M-CM) or Megalencephaly Capillary Malformation (MCAP) across the UK.
M-CM/MCAP is a complex genetic condition that is usually caused by a random mutation after conception during early cell division.
On this website you can find out more about what causes M-CM and some of the common difficulties individuals with this condition experience, you will also find information and updates about our work and fundraising events.
Our charitable aims are to:
- Build awareness of M-CM/MCAP throughout the UK
- Provide a strong patient voice in research
- Provide support to individuals and families with a diagnosis of M-CM/MCAP
We will do this by:
- Representing families and individuals with M-CM/MCAP at meetings, seminars and conferences
- Communicating latest research and developments to families
- Working in collaboration with other patient representative groups within the UK and worldwide
One of our key ways of keeping in touch with families is through our contact registry, if you would like to join and receive information from M-CM UK please click on the Join Our Contact Registry box on the right hand side of this page.
M-CM UK is governed by a Board of Trustees, you can find out more about our Trustees here.